Monday, April 4, 2011

Clockwork Recovery for VT100

Clockwork Recovery is required to install custom roms on the pad.

Make sure your devices is rooted.If not follow this guide
Also download RomManager from the market.
Download:
Clockwork recovery 2.5.1.2
copy it to the root of your sdcard..( /sdcard/cwrecovery.img )

Download:
flash_image.zipunzip it and copy it to the root of your sdcard..( /sdcard/flash_image )
Download Terminal Emulator from the market.
Run Terminal Emulator (make sure you hold it in portrait position)
type:
su
press "enter"
then type the following to copy the flash_image to system/bin
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
press "enter"

Install flash_image
Run Terminal Emulator
type:
su
press "enter"
then type:
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
press "enter"

Backup your stock recovery:

First check your recovery partition..
su
cat /proc/mtd
From there you'll see the recovery partition..
To backup the recovery..
cat /dev/mtd/mtd3 > /sdcard/orirecovery.img

Flashing the Clockwork recovery
Run Terminal Emulator
type:
su
press "enter"
then type:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwrecovery.img
press "enter"
In case you want to restore your recovery..
flash_image recovery /sdcard/orirecovery.img

Backing up your rom image:
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

Before you start doing anything with your pad it is important that you backup.Then you can restore it if anything goes wrong.
Turn off your devices..when its finally switch off..hold down both vol+ and vol- and at the same time press the power button..you will be booting in Clockwork recovery mode..
(NOTE:To navigate in clockworkmod recovery mode use the vol+ and vol- buttons to move up and down and press the lock button to select.If you press the vol button and release it the highlighted bar will move by two rows skipping one row.Two move one row at a time keep the vol button pressed and then select)
Choose Backup/Restore from the option..this will take some time..once finish making backup..choose Reboot..check your backup in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/
/

Original soure:XDA

7 comments:

1. The flash_image.zip file doesn't look to be working.. says invalid zip file.. can you please upload it again??

Thanks,
    Krishna.

ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miroojin,

I am trying Clockwork Revoery for my VT100. My tablet is rooted already. But when i am trying the command
    # cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin

it shows me error cp: not found.

Please let me know where am i going wrong.

Sooner reply awaited.

Rgds,

Dharam
    dharamkothari@gmail.com

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure the flash_image binary is in your sdcard.Also your system must be mounted as read/write.
      If you are not comfortable with terminal commands download root explorer or any similar root browser from the market and copy the flash_image binary to the system/bin directory.
      Also download the latest CWM recovery(5.0.2.6) from here:
      http://vt100hacks.blogspot.in/2011/10/cwm-5026-recovery-for-olive-pad.html
      Instructions are similar.

Delete
  3. Hi Miroojin,

i tried using Root Explorer but it only shows SD Card folder and does not show the Device folder/files...so don't know how to paste it to the system/bin folder.

Please advice.

Rgds,

Jimmy

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you post me a screenshot of root explorer?

Delete
  4. Hai,
    My olive padvt100 is roored, my son has moved some system files from the root to sd card. After that my pad hanged at boot logo. I have no not backed up rom.
    In system recovery mod I tried to factory restore but got same result. i also tried to install Firmware.nb0 of its varient, but got error masage " firmware.nb0 corrupt or not correct one"
    Woul you pliz help me to recover my pad again.
    G.B.Mishra
    gbmishra1966@gmail.com

ReplyDelete